Here is where Team Langston all started...my office at Synergy Worldwide. I had been with Synergy since September of 1999. I had to tough it out at Synergy for five long years before I would meet the man of my dreams! Nate started in October of 2004.
It was around Thanksgiving of 2004 and I was in charge of getting people at work signed up to bring food for a potluck. That is one of the first times I had even talked to Nate. Somehow I got him to sign up to bring rolls even though he wasn't even coming to the potluck. I have to admit after talking with him those few minutes I was disappointed that he was going to be out of town for the potluck.
A few weeks went by and we were in December now. Nate is a man that takes his time so there was not much going on in the "asking out on a date" department. That is where Angel comes in! I still wonder to this day if Nate would have even asked me out if it weren't for Angel. Nate finally asked me out and for that Saturday night. So Saturday comes around and I had no clue as to when or what we were going to do. It got to be kind of late and I still hadn't heard from Nate. I figured I had been stood up. I got a phone call later that night and apparently Nate was on the hunt all day for my phone number. He said he even drove to Synergy to find it but no luck. He then resorted to the phonebook. After calling some reletives he found the right Dowdle! We ended up not going out because I had to get up early the next morning to fly out to Georgia for a week.
I got back to Utah a few days before New Year's. Nate asked me out again for New Year's Day and I gladly accepted. This time he told me not to let anyone at work know we were going out. I thought how rude is this guy! Is he embarrassed of me or what?!
After our first date things took off from there. We would hang out almost every day and most of the time it involved Nubi and Pup. They were best buddies from the start!
Febuary rolled around and I thought it would be a good idea to give Nate a "heart attack"! He was totally surprised and had no idea I skipped out of work for a couple of hours to decorate his room. Adam caught me during the decorating process but I owe him for keeping a secret!
In May we hit our five month mark and Nate's mom and dad decided to make a trip up from Snowflake to see what kind of girl was after their son. We met for the first time at Smokehouse in Provo. I remember thinking that they were some of the nicest people I had ever met.
During the time we were dating my parents were on a mission in Sweden. Once June rolled around I thought this guy needed to meet the Dowdle's!
We booked a couple of tickets to Sweden and we were on our way! We had a great time in Sweden.




I LOVED reading this story. So cute. I think I need to document Tyler and I meeting as well. I hope I can remember. You were both so cute with each other in the beginning and I remember that hardly anyone knew you were dating at first. Silly Nate. Hehe
ReplyDeleteSo 2 years later...I'm still waiting for the next post...Sweden maybe?? Or maybe just skip right ahead to Jayden??
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty sure I'll keep checking this for an update :D.
ReplyDelete